Scene: Late Friday night...
PJ: *pokes Ari*
PJ: How goes your Pit of Despair?
Ari: Very like a pit. You?
Ari: You know what this calls for...
Both: A TOTALLY RANDOM SPREADSHEET O'FUN
For the first 20 days of November, we're hosting the First Irregularly Occurring Totally Random LJ Scavenger Hunt.How it works:
1. You sign up in comments to this post.
2. Every day before she goes to sleep (between 2 and 4 a.m., U.S. Eastern Time), PJ will select one Item to be Scavenged from our Super-Seekrit Master List of Diabolical Randomness. Your Scavenge involves your:
- finding said item/thing/view/perspective
- taking a crappy cell phone picture of it (or a really good picture; your choice)
- posting that pic to your LJ
- and recording the URL of your post in PJ's Totally Awesome DropDown Box of Random Disco-Ball Fun
(link will be repeated in daily PJ post)
3. This Random Fun lasts 20 days, but you get five skips for free.
4. Participants are asked to contribute one dollar up front via PayPal (to firstname.lastname@example.org) for the privilege of having loads of random, voyeuristic, nonsensical fun. The Grand PooBah of Random will be chosen from people who make it all the way through by random drawing (naturally) by a disinterested party (who will find all this terribly amusing - one of Ari's colleagues or students; hereby Ari disqualifies herself from winning). The winner will receive either a gift certificate or the choice of a non-political charitable donation - and gift haikus from all the losers who, no matter how busy they are with NaNo, can find the time to write a stinkin' random haiku, yes?
Random Thing: *raises hand*
Both: Awww... lookit the cute Random Thing.
PJ's NaNo Bunny: HEEEEEEEEEY. You're only supposed to pay attention to MEEEEEEE.
PJ: Oh, hush. This will only take a minute or two every day. And I'll need pretty pictures to look at during NaNo.
Random Thing: *waves arm; looks hopeful*
PJ: Yes, Random Thing?
Random Thing: I want to play too.
Ari: *pats Random Thing* Okay.
5. As a special heads up, when you sign up, you should probably choose a relatively portable Random Thing and get it ready for its close-up.
Random Thing: *preens*